Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Ready to Roller Skate!

It is Spring Break week here in Michigan, and of course the weather is lovely.  Rain, dreary gray skies, cold wind....fun times.  Having two girls bouncing off the walls at home is not going to cut it.  So tommorrow we are heading out to their first ever trip to the roller skating rink.  When I was growing up, there was at least one school or church sponsored outing to the skating rink a month.  It was the thing to do on the weekends.  While skating rinks aren't as popular anymore, I do think that they are making a comeback with moms and kids looking for some old-fashioned, low-tech fun.

For your viewing pleasure, I found some great party entries online.  This cool photo collage is from the blog One Haute Kid.  This blogger shows that you can turn the (normally tacky) roller rink into a cute themed party area.  Check out her post HERE. 

This little cutie has her very own roller skate shirt!  I love the personalized shirts trend that is going on in the party world.  The bloggers at Urban Daisies featured a roller skating party back in February.  April and Jenny put together a great party and shared the elements of the decor.  Check out their blog post HERE.  They have a cute blog with lots of creative finds and ideas.  I had to become a new follower. 

Wish me luck tommorrow - I will be strapping on my skates for the first time in 20 years!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring our roller skating party! Hope your skating adventure was fun!

    April & Jenny

    ReplyDelete