Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Soccer!

Back in high school (which is longer back than I care to recall), I used to be a center mid-fielder on my soccer team.  It was a lot of fun, and I ended up being the captain and got all-conference my Senior year.  I played in pick up games and some 3 on 3 tournaments for a few years, but I gradually stopped playing. 

Fast forward 12 years later (oops, I told you!), and I got asked by a fellow preschool mom if I happened to play.  She was on a local Rec team and wanted to know if I wanted to join.  Heck yeah!  I was in an exercise rut, and I was sick of not doing anything outside of work and family. 

I am so happy that she asked me (thanks Mandy!).  I played that summer, and then went on to play on a couple indoor teams, one of them a competitive women's league.  It is so much fun, and I have been able to get my husband and kids involved as well.  Last Fall my oldest played on a Rec team that I coached.  This Spring, both of my girls are old enough to be on a team.  My husband is coaching the 5-6 team with my youngest, and I am coaching the 7-8 team with my older daughter.  My husband is joining a co-ed league with me for the summer.

This coming Monday is the first day of practice, and I am already thinking ahead to the end of season party that I plan to throw.  LOL  To give me some inspiration, I have googled soccer parties to death.  These are some parties with awesome ideas and decor.  Enjoy!



Amy of Giggleberry Creations put together an awesome soccer themed party for her son's 2nd birthday.  I love the use of the ref's jersey throughout the entire party, and the scoreboard backdrop is so unique.  Check out her entire post(s) at her blog: Giggleberry Creations   .


This party was done by Julie Gallagher from In Good Company and was featured on Kara's Party Ideas.  I think that the netting backdrop is an awesome touch on a sophisicated looking take on the soccer theme.  Best part about this party?  Julie gave Kara's readers all the printables, from invites to placecards to cupcake wrappers FREE!  Click on the Kara's Party Ideas link above to go to the correct link to download.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention and link to my little guys party - hubby can't wait till our boy is old enough to start playing.... I think we'll be a soccer family just like yours ;)

    ReplyDelete