Sunday, January 9, 2011

It took a month for me to actually post about this baby shower, but better late than never.   I styled a baby shower  in early December for a friend of mine.  She had her "family" shower, hosted by her sister and sister-in-law.
 


















Megan is lucky enough to have a brother-in-law that is a chef, so the food was yummy.  They served chicken florentine, hot crab dip and spinach and artichoke dip with bagel crisps, a cheese and cracker platter, fruit and vegetable trays and cupcakes.


We also had a hot chocolate bar for guests with different liqueurs, crushed Andes mints, crushed Heath bar, mini marshmallows, and candy cane stir sticks.  



For an activity, we had clear glass ornaments for guests to decorate for baby Sadie.  A To/From tag lets the mom-to-be know who  it is from, while the back side gives a wish for the baby.  Glitter poms, snowflakes, and silver paint pens were used to embellishment the ornaments.

This was my first baby shower styling.  I liked that I could focus on the food setup instead of place settings.  This is because there were 30+ people at a home, so people ate while they wandered.  I got a lot of positive feedback, and I hope that I get to do many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment